Categories of children focused:
- Dropout Children
- Child Labour
- Special Children (of single parents / disaster victims / alcoholic parents)
- HIV/AIDS affected / infected children
Major problems faced by children:
- Child rights violations
- Child Protection issues
- Early child marriage
- Drug and substance abuse
- Unsafe water and environment
- Poor public education system
- Child trafficking
- Dropout children from Middle School level onwards
- Children affected by extramarital affairs of parents
- Effecting behavioural changes among children as well as their parents by providing psychosocial care and therapeutic exercises.
- Improving scholastics performance of children and prevent dropout from schools.
- Protecting environment by promoting Children Eco Clubs.
- Identifying hidden skills in children, and empower them on such skills.
- Equip children to identify issues or problems of children related to their education, health, nutrition, and environment and finds out solutions through 'Comics'.
- During post-Tsunami rehabilitation intervention ROSE designed a community driven psychosocial care for the tsunami affected children that had a sustainable positive impact on the coastal communities. We collaborate with NIMHANS, Bangaluru for Psychosocial Care Training and CDL, Bangalore for Comics Training and Dream Catchers, Mumbai for Wave of Life training program.
- Integrated childhood value promotion that enabled the coastal children to build their capacities in managing the environment with ecosystem perspective.
- Promoting 'Neighbourhood Parliament of Children' and 'Pudukkottai Coastal Children Activity Network' and 'Children Street Theatre Group' and 'Children Wisdom Circle'
- Educational Support to 542 children living in 6 coastal villages of Pudukkottai District by promoting 10 Children Activity Centres. Activity Centres create space for children in the following things:
- Improve the scholastic performance of children
- Children are equipped with extra talents of singing, drawing, cartoon making, storytelling, street theatre, oratory, elocution etc.,
- Children equipped with self defense mechanisms and skills, such as karate, yoga, meditation, kollatum and sylambattuam, etc.
- Organizing Children Exhibitions to exhibit their talents
- Celebration of Important days and Sea Shore Festival
- Children have produced Comics posters on Social themes
- Enhance the healthy interaction between Children and Parents in the family by providing 'Family Enrichment Training' to the parents as well as children
- Participating in the Grama Sabha meetings
- Tree plantation at their schools, village common places and their homes.
- Maintain the village in a greener way by promoting organic home garden
- Train and encourage children to participate in the inter and intra school competitions
- Promoting 'Former Students Group' and involve them in the young children education activity
- We formed 21 Children Eco Clubs in Schools and Villages and promoted 15 adolescent girls groups.
- Sensitize the children about their Environment and Eco Systems
- Training Component:
- Leadership Training
- Life skill Education Training
- Adolescent Girls Training
- Comic Training
- Psychosocial Care Training
- Cultural Training
- Carrier Guidance Training
- Day care centre (Creche) benefits 31 under 5 Children and their parents.
- Rescue and rehabilitation of 24 girls working under Sumangali Scheme under Prevention of Child trafficking.
- Providing Physical and Mental health education to adolescent girls by forming adolescent girls groups at village level.